Welcome to my first post! This week, let’s talk about why some people get red when they drink alcohol.
The reddening reaction after alcohol consumption is known as alcohol flush reaction or Asian flush. The blushing is caused by the dilation of blood vessels in the face or the entire body. But why does this happen?
Alcohol is toxic to your body. When you drink alcohol, your body tries to change it into something non-toxic. Alcohol is first converted into acetaldehyde (toxic) and then into acetic acid (main component of vinegar). This alcohol metabolism mainly happens in the liver, so drinking too much will damage your liver! Continue reading –>